|At Danville Pharmacy,
We Take Pride in Taking Care of Your Family Like Our Own
Kathy Grandizio, RPh, Pharmacist/CEO
Kathy graduated from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science in 1998. While in pharmacy school she worked in hospital, retail, and institutional pharmacy. During that time she realized her love of helping the customer and her passion for retail pharmacy. Upon graduating, Kathy took a job with Rite Aid in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Shortly thereafter she began her career as a pharmacist at Giant Food Stores in Danville, excelling in that role from 1998 to 2006. Kathy also worked part time at Shade Mountain Pharmacy in Mt. Pleasant Mills, Pennsylvania, from 1999 to 2010.
After leaving Giant, Kathy went to work for Care Capital Management Medicine Shoppe in Newport, Pennsylvania. After working for the corporation for five months, she was promoted to Pharmacy Operations Manager for the chain in Pennsylvania and New York from 2007 to 2009. Although Kathy loved working for Medicine Shoppe, she wanted to come back home to Danville. She liked management but longed to be back filling prescriptions in a store, as long as it could be her own store. Kathy decided to follow her dream and open her own independent pharmacy in Danville—a dream that is a reality today. She strives to give a positive personal experience to every patient at Danville Pharmacy. She is very appreciative of the warm, welcoming response and support that Danville Pharmacy has received since its opening.
In her limited spare time, Kathy enjoys spending time with her family and friends, especially her nieces and nephews. She loves to travel, shop, and play water sports.
- Former Danville Business Alliance Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
- Lambda Kappa Sigma Sorority
- Value Drug Advisory Committee
- Former American Cancer Society Columbia Montour Volunteer Leadership Council Member
Pharmacy Awards and Achievements:
- 2014 Governor’s Impact Awards Finalist, Small Business Division
- 2013 Small Business of the Year Finalist, Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
- 2013 Small Business Person of the Year, Bucknell Small Business Development Center
- 2006 Largest Percentage Increase in OTC Sales, Medicine Shoppe
- 2005 Wilkes University Preceptor of the Year Nominee
- 2005 Giant Food Stores, LLC Best Performance in the Pharmacy Department
- 2001 AHEC Pharmacist Preceptor of the Year
- 1998 LKS Sister of the Year Recipient
- 1998 Ruth Davis Flaherty Award Recipient
- Dean’s List
Nationally certified in 1998, Karen has been a pharmacy technician for over 25 years. She worked with Kathy and Ashley at Giant Food Stores Pharmacy in Danville for three years. A people person who loves her customers, Karen goes above and beyond for them every day—she treats others as she would like to be treated herself.
Karen lives in Bloomsburg with her husband. She has a daughter and a son-in-law, and she loves spending time with her three grandchildren. A crafty person, Karen enjoys counted cross-stitching, quilting, and knitting. Her hands have to be busy all the time. Karen loves the Bloomsburg Fair, and you can find her there every year for a whole week.
Ashley Geleskie, Store Manager
Ashley is a graduate of Bloomsburg University, where she received her bachelor’s degree in Organizational Communications. Ashley began her career in pharmacy as a junior in high school when she worked with both Kathy and Karen at Giant Pharmacy. Her experience continued through college at Rite Aid as well as Danville Pharmacy. Ashley plans to use her experience and education in the future as she pursues a career in pharmaceuticals.
At Danville Pharmacy, Ashley lends her talents and experience as she carries out her responsibilities of specialized blister packing, Medicare billing and purchasing novelty and gift items for the store.